Risk Management Courses
I. Workshop Outlines
Consumer lending can be very profitable, due to the relatively high margins typically associated with these loans and the fees that banks often charge. The levels of margins and fees charged in retail loans typically are not associated with other loan portfolios, such as corporate loans.
However, as well as being exposed to the risks prevalent in most types of lending, retail loans pose certain unique risks. This workshop sets out these risks and describes the measures that should be taken to ensure retail lending risks are adequately identified and managed.
II. Workshop Objectives:
On completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Outline the different types of Retail credit
- Explain the various risks involved in Retail credit
- Describe the internal controls and procedures that banks should adopt to effectively manage risks arising from retail loans
- Discuss the main rules and regulations in relation to Retail lending practices in Lebanon including BDL Circular no. 124 dated 17 May 2010 on Credit Transparency, terms & Conditions.
III. Who should attend this workshop
- Retail Credit originators
- Retail Credit analysts
- Customer relationship officers
- Credit Risk Officers
- Operational Risk Officers
- Internal Auditors
Consumer lending can be very profitable, due to the relatively high margins typically associated with these loans and the fees that banks often charge
October 29 & 30, 2015
This seminar provides internal auditors with detailed insights as to the key risks that exist in the treasury cycle